Monday, July 29, 2013

Up Close and Personal


The above shot is proof that taking pictures, however random or planned they may be
is an incredible way to document our lives. When you combine the photography with journaling, you give yourself and others a chance to see God's faithfulness, and sovereignty in any and every situation. 
In May of last year I snapped a pic of my somewhat discouraged self,  to document what was going on in my life. I was just out of the first trimester in  pregnancy, I had a toddler to chase after, and I was having one bad day after another. The opening song from Despicable Me "I'm having a bad, bad day" were words stuck. in. my. head. I was weary and just wanted my strength back. The Lord brought Isaiah 40:31 to mind
 "But those who wait on the Lord shall renew their strength; They shall mount up with wings like eagle, they shall run and not be weary, they shall walk and not faint."

I wanted this to be my new song, my new meditation.
 And so I wrote this in my Journal that day:

"I don't want to live with the world's song stuck in my head. I want God's words coming in Louder and Clearer. Words with truth, promise, and hope. I want my strength renewed, I want my Mind renewed..."

  I don't believe anything "happens by chance" or is a coincidence. The more I live this life God has given to me, the more I recognize His hand and His sovereignty in it.When I took that picture, it was not planned for that particular side of my face to be in focus. In February of this year, I made an appointment to visit the dermatologist, concerned about the bump under my eye (see above Photo). After a biopsy and week long of waiting, it was confirmed Basal Cell Carcinoma.

This meant surgery and I was completely unprepared for the emotional struggles that every bit of it involved. This new situation took me straight back to that photo I knew I had taken, which led me to my journaling, which reminded me of the Truth I had resolved to meditate on.
No matter how many nights I lost sleep, no matter how many phone calls and appointments I had to make, no matter the panic attack that caught me off guard. His word was my source of Strength.
 Today I had a visit with the Dermatologist and she seems to think all looks fine and I am due back for another visit in 3 months to keep track of a spot that may or may not develop into something else.
But whatever comes He is Faithful. And so I keep scribbling down my thoughts, pouring out my heart to Him, and hopefully encouraging some of you to keep track of what is going on in your life. No matter how big or small. It truly is a blessing to see how God weaves our story for His Glory.


No comments:

Post a Comment