Friday, January 24, 2014

Hello 2014

 Christmas came and went, and just like that twenty-four days gone in the new year. Where has the time gone? Last year we started off with 'round the clock breathing treatments for the littlest of guys around here, and a vomitting toddler. Those were some weary days and nights and hours, minutes, and seconds. This year we were breathing in the glorious ocean breeze.What a gracious God we serve to take us from one season of life to the next, all in His Providence, all in His Timing.
 All. Of. That.Sand.....and that's not even ALL OF IT!
 It never gets old. Just standing in front of foamy waves, water that goes further than I can see. The sight, the sound, the smell... I am mesmerized by the ocean. I stand there and my heart "[sings] the mighty power of God...that spread the flowing seas abroad."
It was truly a glorious holiday by the shore, and everyone dug their toes in deep...
 I of course, collected some shells...the broken ones are my fave, because after all, we're all a little broken...Imperfection equals Character...
I also wore flowy fabrics (or one teenage brother so fashionably put it, I wore "a parachute dress")...
This  little guy fell in love with the beach for the first time...
 and even put a little hard work in...Scooping up some ocean for Momma to take home.

 Our Big kid played with a beach ball like a pro...

 I'd say we have a future Summer Olympian there.  He too, felt the need to put in some hard work...
So Long and Farewell sweet Ocean, and Hello 2014... 

No comments:

Post a Comment