Sunday, October 26, 2014

You are Four.

Brandon Malachi, You are Four Years Old Today!!!! How did that happen? 
Right now, your favorite colors are green & blue. Right now, your favorite Bible story is the one about the little guy who did great things for God, and killed a giant... David & Goliath.
You are becoming a mighty good helper around here. Just the other day in the store, you bagged all of the groceries at the self check-out lane. You really like desserts & you know what? you are really good at eating them! Just the other night, I caught you sneaking brownies (I wasn't surprised, and I sort of left them out in the open on the counter). I chose not to scold you, but said in a playful voice "Hey there...what are ya doin'?" The result was a conversation about trucks, Transformers, birthday cakes, and "I love you sooooo much Mommy." We just sat on the floor by the dishwasher and chatted it up. When it was time to head upstairs for your bath,I asked if it would be okay with you if I took a picture of us.........
 I really hope this becomes a tradition around here. Next time, I hope to offer you brownies. And just for the record, self-timers are the bomb diggity. 
Happy Birthday little guy! I know God has big plans for your life, and I pray I can hear all about them and how He is using you in the years to come. My heart is bursting with love for you... always remember that. 
"Delight yourself in the Lord, and He will give you the desires of your heart." Psalm 37:4

2 comments: