Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Here's What's Real Right Now- Snow Edition

 Here's what's real right now >>>
Brandon is loving any opportunity to get in the kitchen and help mix stuff up. With the forecast of snow, cold, and more snow, we mixed up a big batch of hot cocoa. Brandon was thinking that the bag of marshmallows went into the bowl, but we got that all sorted out. Surprisingly more of the mix stayed in the bowl, which takes skill. I am proud of him for wanting to serve.
 Here's what's real right now >>>
 Lots of snow piled on the back porch. A chance to try out my snowboots for the first time. A chance to see what coffee tastes like out here. Hello new climate, I'll do my best to enjoy it!
 Here's what's real right now >>>
The remains of fall foliage with a powdery white backdrop.

 
 Here's what's real right now >>>
 Branches that wear blankets of snow. A glimpse into what Narnia might be like. A chance to explore. I'm digging this snow thing more than I thought could be possible.
Here's what's real right now >>>
Sledding down hills, reliving childhood memories, snow getting pushed up into Simon's face, less photos than I wanted, more fun than I thought possible. The time it took to get ready (including a turn around because I forgot a coat), ended up lasting longer than the actual afternoon fun...but who's counting minutes?   
 Here's what's real right now >>>
 An Evening that began with dinner cooked al fresco-dedication at it's finest! So blessed to enjoy grilled food, a meal around our table, followed by a movie night featuring The Polar Express. It's the most wonderful time of the year.
Here's what's real right now >>>
 A trip to Target to buy vitamins, epsom Salt, and a gift, turned into adding a roll of wrapping paper to the cart. Hello temporary wall treatment.

4 comments:

  1. I read your blog from time to time. I may have commented once or twice, not sure, but I do read often. Just wanted to say that I really like your quiet, gentle spirit. I also think your photos are awesome. Truly beautiful. Your journaling is spot on, thought provoking. Oh, and yes, that's the life in snow weather. It will always take you longer to get the littles ready to go out and play in it then the actual time they are playing outside. Definitely a true fact. Enjoy. The snow is beautiful. Michelle t

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Michelle, thank you for your comment, your words have truly blessed me!

      Delete
  2. I love your blog, Carol. Love, love, love the pictures--the moments you capture while having the time of your life. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete