Monday, July 20, 2015

All Aboard!

We are midway through July and although I am having intense "vitamin SEA" cravings, sometimes you just have to roll with the adventures that Summertime brings (pun completely intended). In this case it was a 2 hour train ride. A surprise for both of the boys as they discovered our "secret trip". Arriving and turning the corner from the building we had parked behind, lo and behold, the train! Brandon immediately got excited and said, "We are going on a train ride!" This made me think back to my childhood. Growing up my parents surprised my siblings and I multiple times with small things, big trips, and visits from family members. The joy and fun of it all still comes back to me when I think about them. Now as an adult, I know that being on the planning side of a surprise is almost just as fun as the receiving end. Here our some shots capturing a bit of our evening.

1 comment:

  1. What a great idea! I love seeing your boys grow up. And those eyes!

    ReplyDelete