Saturday, August 22, 2015

Week in the Life 2015 | Friday

 Hello 29th Birthday.
Friday was full of fun memories, a few tears, and lots of yummy (although, unhealthy) food. Lots. Of. Sugar. Things you should know about this photo: Joe offered and ran to grab doughnuts for breakfast. He is too kind and knows me well. The candle got blown out 3 times...once by me, the other two times by Brandon and Simon.I don't mind sharing my wishes with them.
Joe took the day off- and we spent the morning just chilling- reading books, light computer work, and drinking coffee.
I took advantage of a little happy mail sent to me by Felicity Jane  and figured it could pull double duty as my birthday decor!
We headed out of town, to do a bit of shopping and test out a cajun/creole restaurant. Our view at lunch: smoky skies.
 Shrimp PoBoy. Definitely not what I was expecting, but it was good. I wouldn't call this "authentic" but it had great flavor.
The boys shared a Chicken Po Boy, and we all drank water, much to Brandon's dismay. I was thinking of all the sugar to come and thought water would help balance it all out-ha!
 Post lunch we went to the Carousel- so much fun. This was one of those times where I was frustrated with my camera settings and didn't capture the photos that I wanted too. Sometimes blur and out of focus are what I get and it's just part of the process.
 Next stop: Ulta Beauty (insert sounds of angels singing)-it has been a LONG time since I stepped foot in this store and I even scored a free sample. Made my day.
 More sugar.
A bit of a spin around the store to get some exercise and pick up some granola bars to snack on later.
 We checked out several other stores and then it was time to head back home. We saw more smoke, and Simon and I got a bit of a snooze in.
 I was craving a cheeseburger and so....more unhealthy food!We also stopped at the gas station so Joe could fill the van and clean the windshield. I count that as a birthday treat since those are both tasks I don't enjoy.
 The boys and Joe stayed home for the rest of the evening and I headed out to join some friends for a little birthday fun. Sugar and more sugar.
My day was filled with sweet messages and good family time-for that I am grateful. I realize that a birthday is not only a time to celebrate life that God has given, but also a time to be thankful. I know that there is purpose in the story He allows us to live and a birthday is a good time to reflect on how I am living that story out, via the choices I make in words, actions, and attitudes. So long Birthday, Hello Birthday weekend! (Why yes I do like to draw things out-especially when the come only once a year!)


No comments:

Post a Comment