Monday, March 14, 2016

Hashtag Fitness Failings & Feelings

http://aliedwards.com/shop/digital/cheer-digital-story-stamp
{Digital Brush from Ali Edwards | Click Photo for Product}


Fitness...in my life lately is as fuzzy as the blur above those sneakers on my feet. It’s not fitting into my schedule simply because I have been pushing it out. “I’m too tired” , “I’m caring for 3 kids, one of whom I  am breastfeeding.” , “I’ll do it first thing tomorrow...now let me get on Pinterest and find a plan or circuit guide...oh! those brownies look good.” Yes, these are the things floating around in my head and those thoughts can be defined as excuses. Excuses to put off now what can be done/ but probably won’t be done at a later time. Excuses that ease my conscience for the time being and make me feel justified in the choices I am making. I have a goal for what I desire my health to be at....visions of clothes heaped in dirty laundry piles  that are currently are collecting dust on hangers in my closet.
     “Where there is a will there is a way” “If you fail to plan, you plan to fail.” Quotes that I would like to push away with the excuses I have already admitted. Here’s the thing, I have to DO. THE.WORK. and as hard as that sounds and makes me want to run to buy a doughnut...I know that I must be a good steward of the body God has given me and hit the pavement running....to the park, around the block, on the treadmill next to my scrap space, or to the doughnut shop....I don’t care how I do it- I just need to do it. Okay. I can do this- sitting here writing another paragraph isn’t burning any calories so  I’ll keep you updated- that is, once I catch my breath.
-Carol

1 comment:

  1. Find the perfect fitness partner
    Get matched with likeminded people who have the same fitness goals as you!
    at: http://getsidekick.co

    ReplyDelete