Monday, May 16, 2016

Week in the Life™ 2016 | Monday, May 9th | Words + Photos

It was that time of year again to participate in Week In The Life™ .
This time, instead of sharing each day the week it was actually happening, I wanted to wait a full week and share the corresponding days. Reason number 1 for this: Time. Life is full and it is good, and well, blogging everyday is not my forte.  Just know, that while there were moments of "cleanliness" and "togetherness", there were MANY MORE moments of messiness. After all, what is a documentary project without authenticity? Doesn't mean that I am letting it all hang out. It does mean that I am choosing to be transparent with readers- who are friends-who are strangers-who are family members. So here is a look into Monday.

Monday brought rain and a few moments of quiet reflection on this life I am living.
I drank the very last drops of coffee with hurried sense of what the day might bring-the chores I knew it would bring. 

Monday's are often "recovery" days around here- (but really, I feel like EVERY day is a "recovery" day.)
Lots of piles, lots of scattered things, lots of little pieces from the weekend's fun.

Because it was early, and because it is routine, the boys watched a bit of Curious George and I had my coffee- I decided to sit on the front porch because my weather app said it was "warm", but by the time I had finished, my toes were frozen and the temp had dropped about 10 degrees. Hello Spring.


Piles waiting to be placed in their homes.
Breakfast was quick and had the added bonus of leftover Elk Steak.
Book time for boys, wake time for Selah.

More shots from around here.




Breakfast time for the big girl, (now 7 months, soon to be 8)- also, Christmas Jammies for the win.
 I get the boys set up with coloring.

 And while my "pins" on Pinterest show dreams of impeccably organized cabinets- reality holds everything random and multi-colored.
Teething baby nose wiping and bed making.
 Currently reading all the things.
 Today's soundtrack:  Rain.  Boys arguing.  Little Sneezes.  Tinkering keys on the piano.  Rain. 
 God Centered Mom Podcast.  More Rain. Constant, non-stop, never-ending, always-blessing, chatter from Simon.
 
 Joe comes home for lunch. Since it is early, and since it is Monday, he makes a quick meal of nachos.


 In the middle of all the chores, a quick pick-me-up of nail painting is in order.

 Dinner prep in the slow cooker.
 Lunch time for sweet baby up from her nap.
 Quick afternoon errand to pick up chicken and Bai drinks from Sam's Club. Simon falls asleep on the way there (15 minute drive) So we wait in the van for a few minutes.


 Back at home, I start on dinner.
 Kids find ways to play.


 


 Doorbells, Delivery, Dinner, Drumming, Dishes.

 Mother's day roses. Love that pink color! 
I put the babe to bed. Boys go to sleep. Joe stays home to study. I go out for craft night (with a quick detour to the craft store).
 Back at home, the house is quiet and I make some tea, a snack, and do some computer work before heading upstairs to sleep.

My favorite moment of the day was when Brandon told me " Mom, my favorite Scientist is George Washington." I'm so thankful the kid has that word and name in his vocabulary. Never mind the accuracy.




4 comments:

  1. Lovely photos, friend! I love how you snapped the photo of the inside of your cabinet! I also love the shot of the books (I have that on my list to include even though I never got around to it DURING the week, ha!) and I love the soundtrack of your day, too! Oh, and I need to look into Bai drinks! Looks interesting!!! XO!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kristina! and yes...the Bai drinks are soooo good and Sugar free!!!

      Delete