Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Week in the Life™ 2016 | Wednesday, May 11th | Words + Photos


 Wednesday. Mostly a blur in the evening and flew by so quickly that I don't even remember what we ate for dinner. I didn't write it down. I didn't photograph it. But there were moments that I want to remember and thankfully I did do some documentation. Coffee was had. Routines were off a bit. But it was totally a day with magical moments sprinkled in.


Favorite Moment of the Day : Reading 30 pages out of a joke book (by request) to Brandon, who was up at 6:45A.M., then sent back to bed so I could grab my coffee and soak in a few verses from Colossians. He eventually made his way downstairs at 7:10 A.M. beacause it was "light outside." (insert any appropriate emojis here....also, random thought...in 20 years will we even know or remember the language of "emoji"?...I digress.) ANYWHO. It was such a sweet 20 minutes with Brandon EVEN IF my coffee got cold.

 

This kid decided he would make his own breakfast. While I was hesitant at first, I decided it was totally appropriate- seeing as he mops floors now.


Banana + Leftover Corn Tortilla + 1 piece of Elk Steak + 8 Almonds.


Followed by this messy haired boy joining in for the second course of the morning, YOGURT. 



And as routine would have it, they got in a bit of PBS Kids, while I got in Yoga. This is new for me. My Mom bought me the mat, (as she has been doing Yoga lately) and I decided again, that all excuses were gone. I need moments to breathe + stretch , and while I don't look or feel like a Yoga guru, I think it's helping. Hoping to bump up my "once a week" to 2 or EVEN 3x per week.


30 minutes pass and since Selah was still sleeping I rush to make grilled turkey and cheese sandwiches for lunch. We have a picnic with friends planned and I am behind schedule as per usual. Thankfully I got a text message saying our friends needed a few extra minutes too.





Out and about.  Hello Mountainscape.


Back home to chores for a bit, but the day is just too lovely to not go out again . We found ourselves swinging the afternoon away. 





If every day could be a park day- I know I will miss this one day.




As I mentioned earlier, the evening was a blur. A fuzzy mess of time where boys sat and colored, Selah sat and ate little puff snacks and Joe and I Face-timed with family trying to purchase and coordinate travel plans for the summer. Jet Setting as a family of 5. Super thrilled and thankful that is done and we can move on to other things....like packing for a family of five.  Let the list making commence.

No comments:

Post a Comment